Friday, June 28, 2013

Beautiful Bathroom With The Toilet Seat Up

image via 7294 Cottage Way

Yesterday morning my husband woke up early but I lounged in bed for a few minutes after he got up. So comfortable and relaxed I found myself just staring across the bedroom towards the bathroom.

The bathroom looked so nice in the early morning light. Above the window was a window treatment I had made, on the window ledge were two sweet little framed art pieces I also made. On the wall was a gorgeous metal mirror framed with painted flowers that I bought at a fabulous home store for an exorbitant price many years ago. A bright striped shower curtain in all my favorite colors hung from the shower stall, with a nice, large shaggy rug on the floor. Then I saw it....the toilet seat was left up.

Oh the horror. Did my muscles tense up. Did I march across the room and slam the lid down loud enough that he would hear it wherever he was in the house. No. I actually thought "Well isn't that beautiful TOO! That's a GREAT sign. He's home. He's here. I am so lucky."

Toilet seat, smoilet seat. I have an awesome husband and he is here, home safe after a one-year deployment. I am so lucky. What's putting a toilet seat down a couple of times a day to that?!

Actually is seems that there is quite an international debate about whether toilet seats should be left up or down. I'll leave that up to you to decide for your household, but I for one am going to forget about trying to fix this one and just enjoy that it's a sign that my darling husband is here, good etiquette or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you makes my day. Thanks for your comments.