Monday, August 5, 2013

Massage: Relieving Post-deployment Stress

image via

I've always loved a good massage and at some point I really started studying the art of massage and body energy. I have read books, talked a lot with massage therapists and even considered going to massage school. I have learned that you will always be very popular among friends & family if you can do a good shoulder massage. I even received a marriage proposal once for a good back rub. Haha.

Well I've found a great way to help my husband combat his post deployment stress levels and help him relax more. Massage. I have noticed that if I can give him some massage time every day things go more smoothly. If I forget a let a few days pass, he begins to get edgy. One lesson I have learned, a bit the hard way, is that no matter how on edge he is, he will almost never turn down a massage. So even when he is struggling, I can sneak in a massage and it really helps him.

It's one of those simple little solutions that help keep a marriage strong and a family happy. I am really interested in learning Reiki as well. I have had some amazing experiences with Reiki treatments and healing myself and would love to become a practitioner myself too. I am sure many spouses have found little things that have really helped keep the stress levels down at home after deployment. I'd love to hear some of them. Please leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you makes my day. Thanks for your comments.